What a new Cabin Crew career meant to me….


We interviewed some serving Cabin Crew to find out what their job really meant to them…

Shelley

When I first joined the airlines it took me quite a while to adjust to the crazy, busy, lifestyle the job offered. Working all different shift patterns and trying to cope with the jet lag and raise a young family requires a lot of planning and a very understanding partner. If I was away on a long trip it was difficult to say goodbye to my little girl who was too young to understand why her mummy regularly disappeared for days on end.
But the flip side of this was if I had a lovely trip I would be able to take my husband and daughter away with me and share my luxurious hotel bedroom, including visits to Disney World or swim with the dolphins in Bermuda….something we would never of been able to afford.

Debbie

Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be an ‘air hostess’ and when the day finally arrived I could not contain the excitement when I was trying on my first uniform. I had worked so hard towards my interview and was turned down by a couple of airlines initially but due to my sheer determination I finally got accepted by British Airways.
It meant the world to me that I had got into such a prestigious airline and my parents were so proud of me. The training course was tough and I had no idea how much you had to learn to become a stewardess. I have seen some amazing countries and meet along the way some wonderful people and for that I am eternally grateful for BA giving me this great opportunity in a new career.

Kim

Flying meant a completely new lifestyle…no more nine to five and hello jet lag!
It opened my world to meeting so many new and exciting people from all different walks of life; cultures, climates and culinary delights that I would never in a lifetime have the opportunity of experiencing. I was able to go on adventures all over the globe, trips my friends were green with envy. Scuba diving in some incredible destinations, swimming with sharks, dolphins and turtles.
I’ve visited fascinating countries, been on safaris in remote parts of Africa, been whale watching in Cape Town to name but a few.
But I think the most treasured thing about this job was making some lifelong friendships along the incredible journey.

Peter

I could not believe it when I was accepted by Virgin Atlantic to be offered the dream job of a life time! I loved wearing the uniform and every flight was different, you never knew from one flight to the next what you would come up against. The hours are long and very tiring and that can be tough to begin with, but in time you just take it in your stride. Many people ask me “do you get used to the constant jet lag”? … no you don’t but you learn to accept it and adapt as part of your world. The key is knowing how to manage your rest to your advantage and not to burn the midnight oil too often… which can be difficult sometimes when you are sipping cocktails in Rio!
I’ve meet some famous people and one of my favourite must of been Gary Barlow in first class. How cool……!

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.