Cabin Crew Beauty Q&A


Question: Hair colour I have an assessment coming up however I have recently had my hair done ombre. Is this acceptable or do I need to dye this prior to my assessment?
Answer:
This is a tricky one. For some airlines it might depend on the colour and how bright/ obvious it is. If it looks natural, even being two toned might be ok, particularly if you are wearing your hair up in a cabin crew style. Some airlines may be stricter as this form of colouring doesn’t represent a ‘classic’ style. Trends may be viewed unfavourably as they change and uniform standards more difficult to keep consistent. You could try putting your hair up and seeing what the colour looks like. If it’s very noticeable then you could maybe pop a semi-permanent colour on just for the assessment day.

Question: Does size matter?
I’m a UK size 16, wide hips and all over but my body is very well proportioned in an hourglass figure. Is that something airlines would usually turn us down for?
Answer:
For most airlines size isn’t an issue. They will look at your body mass index on a weight to height chart and as long as you aren’t too big (so you can’t fit into a crew seat and harness) then you should be fine. Unfortunately, there are a few airlines who will take looks into consideration but this is not the norm!

Question: Scars
I have a scar on my hand and I have an invitation to an assessment day- will it be a problem?
Answer:
The airlines really look at things like this case by case and it would depend on how big it is. You could maybe try covering it with makeup before your interview so it’s not as noticeable. I would definitely recommend still attending your assessment day.

Question: Training dress
Just wondering if cabin crew staff dress down during training, or are we required to wear uniform?
Answer:
All airlines vary when it comes to initial training courses. For instance, at British Airways at the moment the first few weeks are done in civvies (smart casual) and towards the end you would get your uniform and wear it for the last few weeks. Other airlines may vary but for the majority, it is probably half and half.

Question: Wrist tattoo
I have a tattoo on my wrist, it’s my daughter’s name with a butterfly. Could this effect my chance of working with an airline as cabin crew?
Answer:
Some airlines will allow small tattoos if they can be covered but others are a total no. Unfortunately some airlines do not always issue long sleeve shirts either so this can be a problem. We’ve heard that Titan Airways and Virgin are OK if you cover a very small tattoo with a plaster or make up. However, if you wish to apply to airline like BA this is not acceptable and you will be unsuccessful with your application.

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.