Why On Earth Do You Love Being A Flight Attendant?


Have you ever asked yourself why you lasted as a flight attendant for 5 years or so? What is so addictive about this job that keeps us holding on to it in spite have days when we just want to open the exit in “armed mode” and slide down the slide raft leaving everyone else behind?
Below is an answer by a flight attendant that will strike a chord or two with you.

Why Do You Love Being A Flight Attendant


My Flying Roster
To the amusement of most of my friends, I like to tell them how I get to do mini vacations every month paid by my company. And if you look closely, I never work more than 20 days in a month (including all of my standby/reserve days not being called up, that is as good as being on off day).
Since this is a high risk industry govern by a set of laws, my hours are regulated. No such thing as unpaid OT demanded by your dickhead boss.
 
I would love to say interacting with all walks of life too, but not necessarily with passengers. After all, it is a day in,day out thing for me. Passengers becomes faceless to me and I rarely remember any of you as soon as you disembark from the aircraft. I am more keen to know who is the next crew I will be flying with. Flight Attendants are some of the most colourful people you will meet. I love the fact that it is not Ms Penny the Admin Lady and Mr Bobby the HR boss everyday kind of situation. It makes you sit at the edge every time but this surprise can be a good one.

This is also an industry that makes you feel young always without the trapping of the glamour and glitz like a show business is. At least for an Asian carriers. You are expected to look pretty and attractive all the time, so call me shallow if you want but I wont complain when some of my friends compliment me on taking the time to look after myself. My job requires me to do so. I am hitting 30 soon but I could pass for a mid 20s easily.
If I am not a FA, I dont think I would put this much effort in myself. I have always been the aggresive boyish type of girl. Blessing in disguise?

I have double personalities working as Flight Attendant: Alia the FA (with full on make up face, nicely blowed out hair, in my uniform and the label of “pretty girl” that comes with it) and Alia not the FA (off duty, you would probably never guess I am a Flight Attendant. I love the jaw-drop reaction of most people when they found out what I work as. It is my favorite thing). I feel like 007 agent, except all I do is fly and shake your martinis aboard at times.
There are plenty more, but I guess that is enough for now. I will edit this when I can come up with more.
Yep, I definitelt love my job even after 5 years doing it. I dont plan to quit flying the sky anytime soon.

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.